Friday 16 November 2012

Happy Birthday Mum

Hi everybody, hope you are all well and have had a good week.  Mine has been pretty good for no specific reasons.  I have a lovely weekend ahead of me with a day of scrapbooking tomorrow, and a trip to the cinema on Sunday morning to see the final instalment of the Twilight Saga.
 
Today, however, is my lovely Mum's birthday and here is the card that I made for her.  I have to say that I am particularly pleased with this effort - one of my favourite cards for ages.
 
My new favourite Stampin' Up set is called Betsy's Blossoms and I love, love, love the big flower head in the set.  I think I will be using it a lot.  The colours I have chosen are Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz and Tempting Turquoise.
 
The flower was stamped twice in the Razzleberry and Turquoise then I stamped the leaves in the gaps with Pear Pizzazz.  I mounted a piece of seam binding (Pear Pizzazz) onto a strip of white card and added that to the bottom third of the panel.  I then mounted the whole lot on to Pear Pizzazz card stock, which in turn was stuck to the white base card.
 
I stamped the sentiment from the hostess set of Wacky Wishes in Rich Razzleberry and then mounted it onto Tempting Turquoise.  I used foam pads to give it a little bit of dimension.
 
 
 
So that's me done for tonight.  There will be no Christmas cards made this weekend, but I've still got a few more things to share with you over the coming days.

Thank you for dropping by and as always, I appreciate your comments.

Have a good one.

Michelle x

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Michelle, I really like the look of that big flower, too. Excellent colour combo, which I totally wouldn't have thought of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jane. I used the Colour Coach - I find it really helpful x x

      Delete
  2. Oh wow Michelle, this is gorgeous! I love the colour combination too. I haven't got this set as I wasn't so sure about it but it's definitely on my list now! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete